1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ipod lesson ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by clareloug, Mar 22, 2012.

1. My school has recently purchased 30 ipod touches - we are in the process of finding apps and trialling them with children. Can anyone recommend any lesson plans or lesson ideas for ipod touches? It would be really useful to know how other schools are using them!

2. My school has recently purchased 30 ipod touches - we are in the process of finding apps and trialling them with children. Can anyone recommend any lesson plans or lesson ideas for ipod touches? It would be really useful to know how other schools are using them!

3. BeeBot app - give directions, works for KS1 and also for MFL. Epic Citadel - good for creative writing. All manner of audiobooks. Podcasts are used in GR sessions and chn record their facts. There are asome good phonics ones too but I'm in KS2 so don't tend to go near those too much. I'll have a think later on!

4. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Gemtastic - any chance you could give some details about how you use podcasts in GR? We have just got iPods - and I hadn't thought about using them for GR, so would love to hear what you do [​IMG]

5. I can't remember what the podcast is called - will look tomorrow. Basically one group get them then record their facts/a review of the podcast. You could also use the sound recorder function for chn to record their own audio - school radio maybe? Linked to the learning platform if you have one? Cameras could be used to take photos for all manner of things - they could make their own videos/stop motion animations.

Google Tim Rylands - he's an ICT guru and he is always emailing about fab apps! :) I'll have another think at work tomorrow.