1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iPhone settings - help?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by aw27, Mar 3, 2012.

1. aw27

aw27 New commenter

I can't think where else to ask this and I've tried googling it - I accidentally hit the 'never for this website' prompt when logging into Tes and now it's askIng me to type in log in details each time - does anyone know if you can reset this without clearing all other passwords on other web pages?
    It's driving me round the bend!

2. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Clear your history and cookies -under Safari in settings (this doesn't remove password info).
    Then make sure the remember password option is on (Settings, Safari, Autofill, Names & Passwords --> On)
    You'll have to put your name and password in on TES again but this time it should ask you about wanting it to remember.

3. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Thanks, but this doesn't work - it doesn't ask to remember it again!

4. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Try this https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2452286?threadID=2452286&tstart=17
    It might help if you completely shut down Safari as well, rather than just minimising it.

5. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Hi, thanks for this, but I've already looked at it and it relates to safari on a computer or ipad, not an iphone. This is the problem - I cant seem to find any information anywhere!! Its driving me batty! [​IMG]

6. Xericist

Xericist New commenter

Maybe you could post this on the ICT forum - lots of techie help there

7. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

I might have this one now, if you still need it!

Plug your phone into iTunes. Right click on your iPhone and select backup. When it's done backing up, right click again and choose restore from backup. Choose the backup you just did (should be a date and time so you can tell).

All your data, apps etc will stay exactly the same, but you may need to rearrange the icons to how you want them again.

Make sure the password remembering setting is on (in my previous post). Then websites should ask you again if you want your password remembering. I've just had to do the backup and restore, and when TES asked if I wanted to save my password I thought of you - fingers crossed!

8. Phone Apple.

9. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Thank you so much for thinking of me!! I am going to have a go at it now - I'll let you know how I get on....

10. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Nope, it didn't work - but thanks for trying!