1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

iPhone probs - help please.... :¬(

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Mrs Peel, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Lovely ne wiPhone has started playing up.
    It won't access safari, iPod, let me photo message or check mail...
    BAH

Any helpful hints techie folk out there??

2. This happened to mine. I had to ring my service provider who reset it for me.

3. reset

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I believe you can reset by holding middle button and pressing power/lock one for 10 seconds? x

5. Home Button

6. Being a bit thick now...
    Home button is the big one at the bottom?

If I reset it don't I lose apps and iPod etc?

7. Yep

Shouldn't but you can always re-sync

8. Well I've pressed Home button and it wanted to do the Voice Controls thing.
    I pressed the Home and Power/Lock button together and it went off and came back on - and for a while the iPod bit worked but not the other stuff - and now the iPod won't work again.
    so I guess I'll have to phone Orange and get them to reset it?

9. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Think so. Sorry it didn't work [​IMG]

10. Give yourself an hour to go through this and have something to do whilst you're waiting!
    Connect the iPhone to your computer, launch iTunes, allow it to sync so you get an up-to-date backup of you emails, texts, etc., select your iPhone from the source list on the left and then click the 'restore' button. Follow the instructions - this will take a while! When it's done, tell iTunes you want to restore from the latest backup - this will also take a while as it puts your apps, music and so on back onto the phone. Good luck!

11. This may sound like a Daft question but do you have wifi or 3G signal. You wot be able to do any of those things if you have lost signal or accidentally turnedthem off.