1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iphone message help, please!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dinx67, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Hoping someone can help me with working out what's up with my iphone. Sometimes, but not always, the 'send' button doesn't work when I want to send a text message. It happens quite often when I am trying to reply to a message I have received but even when I try to write a new message I still can't send it. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

2. Hoping someone can help me with working out what's up with my iphone. Sometimes, but not always, the 'send' button doesn't work when I want to send a text message. It happens quite often when I am trying to reply to a message I have received but even when I try to write a new message I still can't send it. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

3. Mine does that all the time when I have no signal.

4. I never thought of that, PFF! Although the signal is good enough to make calls, maybe it's not quite enough for text messages?

5. Unlikely- they use the same delivery mechanism. After it doesn't send is the message sat in your messages with a little red exclamation mark next to it?

6. No, the blue send button is slightly duller than usual and just does nothing when I touch it. The message just sits there in the text input box doing nothing. If I exit then it will still be there when I open messages again.

7. I have had that a couple of times

When relying to messages

Not the signal issue ... that tries to send with the line and then you get the red triangle or the try again option

8. Sounds buggy rather than reception-related. Have you updated to the latest iPhone software (by connecting your phone to the computer and saying 'yes' when iTunes asks you if you wish to update)?

9. Thanks for the replies, it seems that dodgy reception might be the culprit as it happened in an area where I had very low signal but then worked when I had moved to an area with a better signal. Could be coincidence though...
    I do have all the latest updates for it but if it continues I will try the tech support people at 02.