1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iPhone battery drain hint

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Jan 20, 2011.

1. We were having a conversation in a meeting recently.
    All the youngsters do everything via fon/computer (agenda, appointments, messages etc.).
    We oldies all use the technology but still put it all down with pen and paper "just to be on the safe side".
    [​IMG]

3. erm

are you suggesting that nerd is an insult?

4. No, not from me. I am quite nerdy myself. Although I did call my colleague an anorak, then I had to explain what an anorak is and then I had to explain what train spotting is and then about 5 other colleagues wanted to know why the Brits like to train spot (I did try to explain that not all of us do it).
    I just don't "get" mobile phones - and especially not the iphone. Although I think it is quite dinky. But I am just not very good at understanding all this "it is intuative" stuff as to me, it is anything but.
    I can only just get to grips with my iPod and that is only because son understands it.

5. Just to check ... you are not suggesting that there is anything odd about train spotters are you?

6. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

7. Do you have an anorak as well?

8. How else does one keep warm and dry?

9. Like this?
    [​IMG]

10. Co-pilot is just as good (I think better) than Tom Tom and half the price for iPhone

11. I've never had a cover for mine, it feels too nice to cover up! Battery lasts a day or two, depending how much I've used the internet/email/radio etc
    if you get the tomtom, you'd probably need to get the car kit, which is a swizz IMO.
    I like the Planets app - perfect at OH's for identifying the stars - he has a similar app, but in the app race, mine won [​IMG] dinnerspinner is fun too

12. One assumes you all have Angry Birds?

13. errrrm - what is it?

14. littlemissraw

I don't get Angry Birds (got the free seasonal edition). I do like cut the rope though x

15. littlemissraw

Its a game CQ x

16. Of course !!

BTW Arthur ... have you made much use of the Mac App Store ... I have mainly downloaded freebies as teh cost of some seems way out compared with the istore

17. Not much use of the Mac App store yet. I do have Angry Birds - which is awesome on a 24 inch screen - and the Twitter app. Like you, some of the free stuff, but I suspect that when I need to buy software, I'll get it from the Mac App Store rather than buying a physical copy. As for 'not getting' Angry Birds, if you understand Cut the Rope - feed the creature and collect stars - then, surely you understand Angry Birds: fire birds and kill the pigs. (In fact, after finishing checking the forum, my next quandary is Angry Birds or Exam analysis.)

18. Me too

I have previously bought software direct from the Apple Store Online but the familiarity of the App store is really pleasing

19. littlemissraw

Maybe I'm just crp at it then [​IMG]