1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iPhone battery drain hint

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Jan 20, 2011.

1. *waves at the Apple haters*

*Smiles at fellow app addicts*

I assume all users have the OS4 and the multitasking

The apps at the bottom of the screen when you double click are al open

Now I just learnt 2 plusses

1 ... scroll far left to find music player and fixing the screen in portrait

2 ... press and hold an app on the scrolling bottom and delete discs appear ... if you have any heavy battery use apps open close them [​IMG]

2. *waves at the Apple haters*

*Smiles at fellow app addicts*

I assume all users have the OS4 and the multitasking

The apps at the bottom of the screen when you double click are al open

Now I just learnt 2 plusses

1 ... scroll far left to find music player and fixing the screen in portrait

2 ... press and hold an app on the scrolling bottom and delete discs appear ... if you have any heavy battery use apps open close them [​IMG]

3. My husband pointed this out to me the other day, it's nifty for switching between apps.

4. Not sure if they are draining battery power. The thing about Apple iOS multi-tasking is that the apps at the bottom of hte screen are suspended - so open but not doing anything. However, out of habit, I close all the open apps at least once a day, sometimes twice so that I don't have a long list.

5. Apparently it does depend on the app [​IMG]

6. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I've just got the iphone (as you recommended!) when writing a text is there any way to see the one you are replying too if you've written alot? I can't seem to get it to scroll up.
    Also I have no idea what the advice is you've just given. Where are open apps? x

7. Double click your home button

8. littlemissraw

ooooh [​IMG] thanks! x

9. littlemissraw

BTW what cases do you all have? (Only had mine 2 days) x

10. Apparently not ...I have just checked [​IMG]

I obviously write very little [​IMG]

11. I just have a clear plastic back case ... looks like no case but protects the back [​IMG]

12. littlemissraw

Fab thats what I fancied. Don't want to cover the phone up too much. Has it been lasting okay? Thanks for all the help. Just started playing with the app stor, dangerous! Can't believe Tom Tom is £50! x

13. Agreed

Yep

Lots of free ones ... try lite versions where possible to see if they are really what you want [​IMG]

14. Will you tell me off if I say I haven't the foggiest what any of you are on about?
    Well, other than that it is about the iPhone. I do know what an iPhone is.

15. littlemissraw

ooh go and play with one in a shop CQ, lovely little things! I am struggling texting though out and about, not as easy as a real keypad (need more concentration) x

16. My nerdy colleague has one. To me it is a little black thing that he plays with a lot and it makes daft noises.
    He was trying to show me a photo of a truck (it was exciting, we have a new fleet) and he kept saying "make the picture bigger" and I couldn't work out how as there were no buttons or arrows or anything and he said "it is intuative, just make it bigger".
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight - that meant nothing to me. Which made him laugh and call me old.
    I hit him.

17. Sorry - I didn't mean to imply that you lovelies are nerds!
    But he is [​IMG]

18. littlemissraw

It does take getting used to CQ. Massive leap from a 'normal' phone. More like a mini computer. I do miss a physical keyboard/pad though but I'm sure I'll get used to not having one. x

19. heck - I am still at the paper and pen stage!

20. littlemissraw

I lose everything. I'm so scatty. Couldn't be without a computer/phone. Used to scan all my paperwork in to my comp during NQT so I wouldn't get screamed at for losing it, lol [​IMG]