1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iPhone alarm

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dinx67, Mar 28, 2011.

1. No problems here, mine went off at the usual time. Had yours not automatically updated to BST?

2. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

The clock updated automatically but the alarms didn't.

3. Maybe I'm being thick, but why would the alarms need to update?

4. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Occasional commenter

Our vicar was late for church and blamed her iPhone!

5. Milkandchalk

I don't know just that they do. I remember there being a problem with it in October and it being on the news but I think I would have been on holiday at the time and so it didn't affect me.

6. Nope, mine was fine too, no problem at all. Clock updated automatically so no need to alter the alarm time...

7. Hello,
    Mine went off at 5.30am instead of 6.30am!! However, it was a relief not to have to get up as I was knackered!

8. mine was fine, although in Oct it was wrong. Have you got the latest updates?

9. Mine fine but I did set a none recurring alarm as well just in case the October problems happened.

10. Milkandchalk

I'll try updating the software again. I remember last time I tried to update it, it was going to take 4 hours to download the software!

11. Mine was also fine

12. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

Mine was fine too. Maybe it is because I set mine each night rather than recurring.

13. Nooooo. I updated at the weekend and my phone is now slower than a slow thing. Ipod function stopped working for ages as well.

14. Milky, that says something about your internet speed, not the software. I updated in 20 minutes. Given that Apple software has had problems with recurring alarms updating, the sensible thing is to turn them off and reset them after the clock changes. Bit of a fag but surely, not too onerous! I didn't know the clocks had changed and work at what I thought was 0820 and was quite pleased at getting up with lots of the morning left. Then I got confused as some clocks said one thing and some another. Then I twigged! D'Oh! First time I've forgotten to change the clocks!

15. No mine was fine too! Mine automatically changed the time yesterday- mind you I thought it hadn't at first, then turned on the Beeb which was the same time and double checked Sky and realised it had changed!