1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IPC

Discussion in 'Primary' started by philneild, Nov 21, 2019.

1. philneild

philneild New commenter

Hi all,

Our school is thinking about changing the curriculum to the IPC. Does anyone have an example unit of enquiry with the accompanying assessment unit for us ot take a quick look at?

TIA.

2. migratingbird

migratingbird Occasional commenter

I have some but from a few years ago - not sure if it's changed much since then (about 8 years old). Let me know and can chat via Conversation.

3. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

You are probably already aware that the IPC covers the foundation subjects - not English or maths. The school I worked in that used it (several years ago) used to link English and maths to the IPC unit by choosing themed texts and hooks, but there was no planning to use. Just thought it was worth mentioning, as I was surprised it didn't cover everything when I was told the school used the IPC.

4. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

My advice would be ditch the plan to do the IPC! Sorry, I know that's not the most helpful.

5. chickenlady4

chickenlady4 Occasional commenter

It is a good creative curriculum - however you need to make sure that you check all NC objectives as it does not cover all of them, depending on which units you use, so you get gaps. Assessment units? Not seen those and wouldn't know where they have put them on their website.