1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IPC the things people do (jobs) planning advice

Discussion in 'Primary' started by josiespence, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Hi, we are doing this IPC topic next half term. I know there's a fairly mixed bag of opinions towards IPC and having looked at the guidance for this one i am really struggling to see where we are going to get sufficient learning for our class of mixed YR/Y1. If anyone has done this topic or has any MTP's they would be willing to email me i would really appreciate it!

josiespence@hotmail.com

2. Hi, we are doing this IPC topic next half term. I know there's a fairly mixed bag of opinions towards IPC and having looked at the guidance for this one i am really struggling to see where we are going to get sufficient learning for our class of mixed YR/Y1. If anyone has done this topic or has any MTP's they would be willing to email me i would really appreciate it!

josiespence@hotmail.com

3. Hi josie,

Can you give an indication of cost for IPC?

4. hi josiespence, we did this topic last year and found the actual IPC planning REALLY dry, especially for 5/6year olds. We did a big re-write of it, basically just taking theIPC learning objectives and writing our own planning (we seem to have done this with most IPC topics!). We looked at different aspects of jobs - eg people who help us at school, at home, people who help us stay healthy (linking in fire of london (firefighters) and Florence Nightingale (nursig) which the children really enjoyed). we had visits from ambulance, police, school nurse etc, we also looked at the people helping us in school and found out what they do in a day. Hope this helps.
    Moose1 xx