1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IPC planning

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by joycekaufmann, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Here's the scoop....I am an American teacher hired by a school in Oman to teach kindergarten and then loaned to a school that uses the IPC curriculum and put in EY. I have never taught children this young (in America, they would be in daycare, not school) and am really struggling. I cannot get my head around it. It is nothing like I have been exposed to in the States. I am suppose to produce plans for the unit Animals to begin in mid-November. This is so not my cup of tea! The other teachers in the school are British and use to the system and use acronyms I have never heard of, terminology used in a way that is foreign to me, and are drowning in their own planning (long term, midterm, short term??). Does anyone out there have IPC Animals plans they would be willing to share? If so, please send them to me at don_kaufmann@hotmail.com. I am so desperate that I am considering just going home and forgetting about this head spinning task. And thank you to all who are reading this and feeling my pain.

2. Hi Joycekaufmann,

My school does the IPC and we're using the folder that was provided by them. I'm in the EY too and we started off looking at "All about Me". Does your school not have the folder?

I'll see if I can dig out the animals one for you :)

3. It's under my resources :) Hope that helps.

Rahmara.

4. Thanks for replying Rahmara, but when I looked, it said zero resources for you. I'm not all that familiar with this site, but I think I did that part correctly.

5. No folders....I was given a logon account to the IPC website and a box of books on animals.

6. https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/IPC-Animals-Unit-6121786/

Try the above link, I don't know why it doesn't come under my resources tab.

Rahmara :)