1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iPads... Ideas for apps please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lollyxx, Jan 8, 2012.

1. We have just bought iPads to use in school. We have a few apps we know we would like to upload, but would welcome any ideas that you may have used in school.

Thanks in advance!

2. We have just bought iPads to use in school. We have a few apps we know we would like to upload, but would welcome any ideas that you may have used in school.

Thanks in advance!

3. I love crayonphysics.com which allows you to make drawings that look like crayon drawings and then as soon as you finish they animate as though they were being affected by gravity. You get to solve all sorts of problems and the aim is to get the most sophisticated solution. Great for teaching gravity which is such an abstract concept at primary level.

4. I've recently added a couple of webapps for the iPad. Like an app but used direct from the web without using the appstore. Eventually they should work on all internet machines but at the moment they work best on iPad and IE9. (Its because they are written using HTML5 which is not well supported on all but the very latest browsers).
    The first is an interactive clock for telling the time lessons: iPad Interactive Clock
    The second is a maths puzzle: iPad Pool Ball Challenge
    They're free to use and have no ads on the actual resource and no registration or anything is needed. I'd appreciate feedback on whether education resources presented this way (ie online without appstore) are useful to inform me whether it is worth producing more this way.

5. Sorry, I don't mean feedback here, and thereby changing the focus of this thread, I mean on the site itself. Shame we can't edit our posts on this forum.

6. Thanks for that Spencer - I will have a look at let you know asap x

7. Msz

Msz Established commenter