1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iPads and Trips

Discussion in 'Primary' started by funnybunny1000, Dec 25, 2016.

1. funnybunny1000

funnybunny1000 New commenter

Hi there,

I'd like to ask the community if they ever use iPads or tablets to record findings from trips. What version of tablet/ipad do you use? Are there any apps you'd recommend?

Cheers!

2. jago123

jago123 Established commenter

I would use iPads as they are more reliable and the camera quality is much better than that of an android.
    One tip of advice though, I would get iPads with a significant higher storage- 32GB, 64GB and back up data straight away.

You will also need parental permission if you intend to do this because you will more than likely be filming students.
    Your school should have a policy about this, check with a manager before proceeding.

3. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

Yes, I have used iPads to take photos and video of trips and a great variety of activities. We have iPad Air 2 and I would certainly endorse @jago123's advice about storage - go for 64GB if you possibly can.
    You can use iMovie to create a film of the trip/excursion to show to the pupils or a wider audience.

4. migratingbird

migratingbird Occasional commenter

Doodlecast Pro is a great app for allowing (younger, in particular) children to annotate photos and record their thoughts.

5. funnybunny1000

funnybunny1000 New commenter