1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iPad wrist ?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by jweb2k, May 8, 2011.

1. Is that the pain associated with dipping into your wallet and raking out that much cash?

2. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

You sure it is iPad wrist? [​IMG]

3. Be careful how quickly you mock guys -I'm having treatment and had an occupational health referal for finger/wrist/arm/shoulder problems as a result of teaching ICT for over 20 years now.
    First problems arose as a result of using a laptop on the original DFE pilot for the Laptops For Teachers scheme - I now never use the trackpad, always a mouse now because of the strain caused by the unnatural finger movements. Ditto I don't use a mouse/keyboard from the standing position, I always get the students to stand and I sit to use them. Physio also recommends not using a laptop on my knee for very long because of the bad posture it causes (and shoulder probs as a result!).She recommends siting at a table, better yet to use a proper PC!
    Take the tips from me and look after yourselves, RSI type pain is no joke!

4. arron spelt aaron

arron spelt aaron New commenter

Spot on gg52. I think RSI could be an issue.
    I got a iPad 2 on Saturday. Having spent far too much time messing about with my new "style statement", I found it uncofortable to hold. Basically, my left wrist was hurting. This is an iPad2 which is suposed to be lighter than the origina !

Ahren

5. arron spelt aaron

arron spelt aaron New commenter

If only I were lefthanded !

Ahren