1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IOE Primary PGCE

Discussion in 'Primary' started by nkss, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Hi
    Hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and New Year! I have applied for a part time PGCE place at the IOE and was wondreing if anyone has heard from the Institute of Education regarding a pgce primary place?
    The last I heard was an email before Christmas saying my application was passed onto the Primary PGCE Department for short-listing but applications sent for short-listing <u>do not </u>automatically receive an interview. Due to unforeseen circumstances we have been unable to collate the results of this exercise and provide you with feedback before the Christmas break.
    Just want to hear whether I have an interview or not as don't want my 2nd option to fill up if I am rejected here!

2. Hi
    Hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and New Year! I have applied for a part time PGCE place at the IOE and was wondreing if anyone has heard from the Institute of Education regarding a pgce primary place?
    The last I heard was an email before Christmas saying my application was passed onto the Primary PGCE Department for short-listing but applications sent for short-listing <u>do not </u>automatically receive an interview. Due to unforeseen circumstances we have been unable to collate the results of this exercise and provide you with feedback before the Christmas break.
    Just want to hear whether I have an interview or not as don't want my 2nd option to fill up if I am rejected here!

3. I got that email ater the interview saying they would be in touch in the new year as not able to collate results of interviews, , but have not heard anything since. I have spoken to my second choice and they say it is too late to be considered for them if I don't get in at IOE, as they have had just too many applications.

4. I had my interview on the 16th Dec, I applied in early October.

5. Hi
    I was wondering if you had heard back from the IOE? Hope you had a successful outcome.
    I have been offered an interview in feb, so I am relieved in one way but very nervous now too! If you are able to offer me any advice or tips I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks