1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IOE have received number of PGCE places!!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by sabskin, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

I haven't been writing too much on here but have greatly appreciated those who have kept us regularly updated. It also feels good to know that I am not the only one checking the GTTR like crazy.

I was put on the waiting list at IOE last year for the Primary PGCE course (as I applied late) and so re-applied for 2011 entry. After waiting for what seems like an eternity, I have literally just received the following email from the IOE:

Dear Applicant

We received confirmation of the number of PGCE places allocated to us last night. We are now working closely with academic departments, and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible with the outcome of your application. Thank you for bearing with us during this time and please help us by NOT responding to this email.

Wow! Feeling super nervous now! I really hope I make it in...if any of you hear any other news, please feel free to share!

:)

2. Just received the same email! Fingers crossed we'll know before the weekend eh? :)

3. Me too. There was an older email that mentioned 24 hours once they had final numbers. I am in the same place as u as I was also on the waiting list last year so feel
    like i have been waiting along time:) fingers crossed.

4. I picked up on the 24 hour mention also! I'm not feeling well today and so I'm able to check my emails at home. Don't know how I'm going to survive without checking tomorrow. I can't wait to finally know either way! Good luck to everyone!

5. shoegal44

shoegal44 New commenter

I am also hanging my hopes on the 24 hour mention, the thought of having to wait until after the weekend is too much, we've waited long enough! After all of the cuts, I'm really trying not to get my hopes up! Good luck everyone! x

6. Gosh, I wonder if this means my ITT provider has got their numbers too, nervous!

Good luck everyone!

7. Hi all
    Yes its good news we will finally soon know. But bad news about bursarys- literally only for maths, physics, chem, bio and MFL. However I'm now even less optimistic as IOE only have 16 places for social sciences, they had 27 last year!
    You can find out your subjects on here http://jsavage.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Annex-A-ITT-allocations-2011-12.pdf
    (cant take credit for finding this, someone else did in the ITT allocations thread, but thought would show you guys)
    Best of luck to all x (am so scared!)

8. alexpez

alexpez New commenter

I kept refreshing my inbox too and eventually couldn't handle it! Ended up ringing the University to try and find out when I would be told if my conditional offer would become unconditional or rejected. They said they think it will be a few weeks (2-3) until I receive a letter to tell me what's happening.

9. Nooooooooooooooo! Alex that is not the news I wanted to hear! What uni did you ring? Guessing it's not IOE as didnt think they were giving out any offers until funding.
    IOE people... am i right in thinking they're going to let us know asap by email as its the quickest way then offers in writing will come through after whenever they have done them?

10. shoegal44

shoegal44 New commenter

I was under the same impression robyn, the email I received a few weeks ago said that they would be in touch via email or text message within 24 hours. By my estimate, they're late!! I keep thinking I should phone them, but I think I'd just be told to be patient, as if that's possible!

11. I'm finding this wait unbearable! Had such a sleepless night last night, really hope they let us know today otherwise it'll be the same tonight (and its my birthday today so I am also desperate to hear so I can relax/cry)! The allocations looked the same to me, though I'm not sure I read them right, so the outlook is not negative. Good luck to us all!

12. Shoegal - glad you had the same impression as me. If you do ring can you post her what they say?
    Hannah - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I do not envy you having your birthday at this stressy time - I hope you have something good planned tonight to take your mind off things! If the allocations look the same to you, it may be because your subject has stayed the same, so for you thats a really positive thing - wheras others have been cut dramatically.
    Ok i'm going to leave the house and therefore no internet connection for an hour or so! Really wish I have an iphone right about now! Our tv broke so taking it back, the guys in currys will feel the full wrath of my pgce anger if they don't replace it lol

13. shoegal44

shoegal44 New commenter

Fingers crossed you get positive news hannah, would be a perfect birthday present! But I hate to say, I don't think we're going to hear anything until Monday!!

14. I hope we hear before then - I can't wait until Monday!!

Happy Birthday Hannah! Oh my gosh the anticipation must be even more intense for you!

I don't know what I'll do when I don't have to obsessively check my emails!

Ok, I'm off to find some kind of distraction (well for at least 10 minutes, following which hotmail is bound to entice me again!).

15. I think it will be Monday too now (IOE admissions if you're watching - please prove me wrong!) unless we hear within the next 52 minutes as I'm guessing they'll be finishing at 5! 6 latest. Hmph. Oh well. Post when you hear people! I will probably be obssively checking all weekend, saying to myself "you never know they might work weekends"!!

16. I know what you mean, I was really hoping we'd find out by friday as the last email said 24 hours!! Tomorrow is the big day though hopefully.. good luck everyone! Kind of annoyed I do have an iPhone as I compulsively check it every 2 minutes at school to see if there is any news. Did anyone else get a sort of vague interview feedback in their last email too? Not sure if it was a generic email sent out to everyone or if they were personalised!

Fingers crossed we all hear tomorrow!

17. No I didn't get any feedback in mine, it was excactly the same message as first posted here. And I applied for secondary. Tomorrow the big day then!

18. shoegal44

shoegal44 New commenter

Anybody heard anything yet? I think I'm wearing out my refresh button!!!

19. No :( have decided i don't want to know now have a feeling it's going to be a no for me!