1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IOE- 2011 Primary- loosing patience and worried

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Bodegabuttons, Jan 10, 2011.

1. You probably will hear from them soon. Probably feels longer with the Christmas break in between.

2. Hey! thanks for your messages. I called up the IOE this morning and good news! I have an interview on the 24th February :). not sure why they havent updated my records on gttr website but I guess its cause they have alot of applications to get through!

Fingers crossed everything will go well on the day!

Meme x

3. Good for you. Not all Universities update on the GTTR website if they offer you an interview - at least that's what happened with me. Good luck.

4. Thank you Bodegabuttons!

5. Hi!
    Sorry for this late question lol. I was wondering if any of you who applied to IOE recieved a 'D' in one of your A Level subjects?
    I want to apply for the PGCE Primary in September, and was thinking of applying to IOE. However do you think they would reject me straight off because of this D, and because of this I should not put IOE down as one of my choices?
    Sorry if this seems confusing! Any reply would be much appreciated :)

6. As far as I know, they only specify English, Maths and science requirements at GCSE level. The course requirements should be on the IOE website.

I have an E in one of my subjects at A Level and I was still succesful in getting an interview for secondary ITT.

Still waiting to hear back whether I've actually got a place.

So long as you meet the requirements of the course don't worry too much about other grades. If it's what you want to do go for it. The worst that can happen is they say "no"...then you just apply to other places.

7. Hey Wanttoteach1,

On my interview letter, it states the documents we need to bring with us It says your degree certificate if avaliable, GCE certificates (English Lan, Maths and Science certificates, 3x A Level certificates at (Grade C or above) , evidence of 10days experiece and the other standard stuff like ID and 2 passport size photographs.

So i think the best thing to do is contact them and ask them what their criteria is in regards to A-Level grades as it may differ per applicant. Plus i really do think it's about how you sell yourself in your personal statement also!

I hope this helps.

Meme x

8. I wasn't required to bring A level certificates. I only had to submit copies of Enligh and Maths GCSE and my degree.
    (I know that science GCSE is required for teaching primary.)

If you meet the requirements set out in their prospectus, I would go ahead and apply. You will have to put your a level results in the application, so if it's an issue they just won't interview you.

I'll say it again... I got an E in one of my A levels and this had in now way prevented me from doing anything since I left school. And E at A level is, afterall, still a pass!! So a C that you haveis not bad at all!

9. In saying all that - I am applying to secondary ITT, so the requirements could very well be very different for primary.

You need to look at the IOE website.

We can't tell you if they'll accept you or not. THis is why universities produce prospectus and website content for you to see for yourself what they will accept.

10. I totally messed up my A-Level (CCDD) so i wouldn't worry - think my 2.1 and good GCSE results cancelled this out - A-Levels are more just a spring board to University and having poor results has never let me down (apart from me hating the fact I did so badly!).

SO, unless the Uni specify differently I'm sure your A-levels aren't that important to them ...
    Good Luck!

11. Thank you so much for all the replies!! :)
    Ahhh I'm still undecided because the entry requirements say as well as the grade C or above in GCSE Maths, English and Science all three of my A-Level grades need to be at grade C or above too!
    I think I will give them a call :) Thank you again for your time!

12. Hey Meme,
    Well done on getting an interview! After being messed about, they have offered me an interview for a couple of weeks time. I am pretty nervous about the whole thing. I have heard a few different things that they ask you to do; presentation, tests, formal interview, etc. Please can you tell me exactly what was asked of you?
    Thank you!! Clare [​IMG]