1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Involving the community

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kittykatts33, May 11, 2019.

1. kittykatts33

kittykatts33 New commenter

Hi all,

My school are redesigning the curriculum so we have a more cross-curricular stance. We have a great deal of disengagement from parents so were thinking that the redesign could also build on encouraging more parental and community links with the school.

What sorts of things do you do to engage parents and the community with your school?
    What things do you provide in school that your parents value you doing the most? By this I mean the extra things, like taking the class on the local bus or train routes or taking them to the market.

TIA

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Can you involve parents in designing the curriculum?

3. kittykatts33

kittykatts33 New commenter

We have parent forums where these questions have been asked, and will be considering their thoughts. Not many people turn up though, so there aren't too many ideas. I was thinking about asking our office staff to send out a survey or something...