1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Invite to interview - change of mind

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mcphie58, May 11, 2020.

1. mcphie58

mcphie58 New commenter

I have received an invite to interview and had, before being shortlisted for interview, changed my mind about this particular application.
    Now I have been shortlisted for interview how can I decline/withdraw from the process and not have them think I have wasted their time? What should I put in an email?

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Just say thanks but no thanks.
    Don’t worry, it happens all the time!

TheoGriff likes this.
  3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I agree just a short simple reply to say, that unfortunately due to a change in circumstance (which a change of mind is so you're not lying ;)) you thank them for the invite to interview, but on this occasion will now have to decline.

TheoGriff and steely1 like this.
  4. steely1

steely1 Occasional commenter

Agree fully with this. I've done this myself on one occasion, and the school simply responded with an email saying "Thank you for letting us know in advance".

TheoGriff and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Do it fast, so they have time to invite someone else!

Lara mfl 05 and steely1 like this.
  6. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Much better than just not turning up( which also happens quite frequently)

Lara mfl 05, steely1 and TheoGriff like this.
  7. install

install Star commenter

Dear .....

I wish to withdraw my application and therefore will not be attending the interview on ....

Thankyou for the offer and I wish you every success in finding the right applicant.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.