1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Invite to a meeting

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Sharmistra, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

If you're not ell enough to go to work you're not well enough to go to a meeting.

Curae and grumpydogwoman like this.
  2. Sharmistra

Sharmistra New commenter

Let me just say that today the reason I am "required" to attend got a lot weirder.

3. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

@Sharmistra, This all sounds a bit odd. I hope you are getting support?

Curae likes this.
  4. Sharmistra

Sharmistra New commenter

Yes, from the Union at regional

5. swrd853

swrd853 New commenter

Been here. Done it. Unfortunately got the t-shirt and scars to go with it.

I was in a similar position when I was still in the profession last year. Left before 2nd term due to WRS, termination of my contract at end of the month, then a letter through the post next month accusing me of safeguarding breaches. Ended up having an offsite meeting (where I still wasn't 100%) with all allegations eventually being unfounded - the LADO themselves wrote in the conclusion letter after that they couldn't understand why these had come to light as I had already left.

Sounds like a smear campaign; perhaps a quick covering up of the bum on their side to try and make it out like it's not illness but something else (ridiculous, of course).

Rest assured, you are doing exactly what you need to do - regional union support; keep communicating and documenting everything you have - get them to take care of communication matters. Aside from that, surround yourself with people that love and respect you. Take time and effort to get yourself back in a steady state of mind and do things that you enjoy. No profession is worth your health.

Keep us posted.

6. thekillers1

thekillers1 Lead commenter

Sounds like a newer method of removing staff who are off-sick.

jlishman2158 and agathamorse like this.
  7. laurelandhardylive

laurelandhardylive New commenter

Down.

8. Sharmistra

Sharmistra New commenter

We inquired under what policy the meeting was to be held only to be told that part of the reasons for the meeting was to determine which policy to use.....

[​IMG]

Curae, mothorchid and agathamorse like this.
  9. Sharmistra

Sharmistra New commenter

No one else think that this is odd?

10. peakster

peakster Star commenter

If I were you I would negotiate an exit deal with the union and look elsewhere.

They want you out - they won't stop until they get you out.

11. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Generally speaking you'd expect it to be obvious which policy was being invoked, but the problem is we know nothing about the actual allegation on here. Maybe if we did it wouldn't be such an odd comment.

12. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Odd? Afraid @peakster is right. No other explanation. Perfectly explicable if you understand their motive. And I think we can guess what they're after. Sorry.

13. Sharmistra

Sharmistra New commenter

Ahh but neither do I until I go to the meeting.

agathamorse and jlishman2158 like this.