1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Invitation for teaching design technology in secondary school

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by Snuggleso4, Jan 14, 2012.

1. I have an invitation for Greenwich Uni for teaching design technology in secondary school and I have not got a clue what this involves! Can anybody help me? It is a presentation that I need to do

2. I have an invitation for Greenwich Uni for teaching design technology in secondary school and I have not got a clue what this involves! Can anybody help me? It is a presentation that I need to do

3. Does it tell you what the presentation needs to cover?

4. I hope I'm reading this wrong, because it sounds like you haven't got a clue what teaching DT in a Secondary School involves and without knowing that, you don't stand a chance!!
    When you go for an interview surely they are going to want to know;
    • why you want to teach,
    • why DT is your prefered area
    • what skills you can bring to the profession
    • see the skills you already have, designs and making
    • what ideas you have
    Try to get into a local secondary for a visit.
    Good luck

5. jennyjones632

jennyjones632 New commenter

If you don't feel up to it, I can do it. If you're still stuck let me know. I agree with the other poster - if you don't even know what teaching DT is then you don't have a clue and are not in a position to give information.

JJ

6. bigpedro

bigpedro New commenter

Agreed,

I'm not going to be as polite though....

If you don't know what an interview involves, can't do a presentation or don't understand what is involved in teaching the subject then you're clearly another clown who's either done a degree which you can't get a job with and a PGCE is the saviour. Or you're looking for an easy 3 years with a <u>potential</u> job at the end of it.
    Either way...
    GET A GRIP, MAN UP and LEARN TO STAND ON YOUR OWN TWO FEET! we all did.

If you're genuinely confused then we can help but WE'RE NOT HERE TO LIVE YOUR LIFE FOR YOU!
    Why not have a think about what they've said in the letter and <u>your ideas</u> about the presentation they've asked you to do (surely they gave you a title) come back with an idea and ask if its good or not. If you want help with general interview questions... google it!
    RANT OVER!

7. Does that post mean that he didn't even apply for the course - invitation? More recently Greenwich have been quite good but in the past we have had some really dodgy students from there doing their placements with us.