1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

investigation area and activities linked to marvellous me

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by timetogetup, Sep 2, 2011.

1. I need your help lovely ladies and gents! I am in the process of re-jigging my classroom and want to introduce a investigation table. I would like to link it to my topic of 'marvellous me', so far i thought of putting up some posters about healthy eating, some smelly pots for using senses, a hair brush, toothbrush, toothpaste.... thats where i stopped!!! Ideas please!! I will have our class pet of African land snails with info book and maginfying glasses as a permenant feature too.

Also, what activities are you planning to do during the first half term? i wanted to do some small amounts of adult input group activiies such as self portrait, decorating a t-shirt with things they like to form part of a display, obnviously tour of classroom and school, what other group activities are you doing again linked to marvellous me....

thank you in advance xx

2. I need your help lovely ladies and gents! I am in the process of re-jigging my classroom and want to introduce a investigation table. I would like to link it to my topic of 'marvellous me', so far i thought of putting up some posters about healthy eating, some smelly pots for using senses, a hair brush, toothbrush, toothpaste.... thats where i stopped!!! Ideas please!! I will have our class pet of African land snails with info book and maginfying glasses as a permenant feature too.

Also, what activities are you planning to do during the first half term? i wanted to do some small amounts of adult input group activiies such as self portrait, decorating a t-shirt with things they like to form part of a display, obnviously tour of classroom and school, what other group activities are you doing again linked to marvellous me....

thank you in advance xx

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Mirrors, magnifying glasses, digital camera
    sensory objects to explore the senses
    I have a set of matching cards that show objects close up or from unusual objects to match with the actual object
    feelings cards
    x rays
    objects to manipulate to show how we can use our hands
    finger printing

4. thank you very much Msz, i will get on the hunt for some of these things! any other ideas by anyone welcome !!

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I forgot about sound - you might want some<strike> quiet </strike>instruments or a thunder tube, singing tube, tuning fork ...

6. what about taking photos of a few faces - staff or children - and then make them into jigsaws and see if they can put them back together and decide who they are?