1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Introducing your brand new Author Academy!

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by tesAuthorTeam, Dec 19, 2018.

1. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Hi authors!

We’re very excited to announce that your brand new Author Academy is now live! The online hub is packed with advice and guidance in the areas you said you’d like more support with, such as marketing, SEO (search engine optimisation), social media, making the most of author tools and more. We’ll be adding fresh new content on an on-going basis in the new year.

When the presents are opened and crackers pulled, you might find yourself with a little extra time on your hands to pick up some new tips and tricks for 2019 - but for now we hope you enjoy a well-earned rest and a fantastic few weeks of festivities ahead!

Check out the Author Academy here.

Your author team.

nwilkin likes this.
  2. sabyrne

sabyrne New commenter

Just thought I'd check out this fantastic resource. SEO advice by TES team.

"3D shapes are shapes with three sides; faces, edges and vertices."

This sums up the standard of advice qualified and experienced teachers are having to contend with. But I've been demoted to Bronze, so what would I know!

3. skoolmaths

skoolmaths New commenter

Its funny I was just on that article when searching for how to write good description! Sad really .

MosaiK likes this.
  4. Roy_Huggins

Roy_Huggins New commenter

When selling resources on the TES it’s really important to have a brand identity and to use a selection of branded templates that suit an in-house style and convey a certain level of quality.

I've done a lot of history publishing work for Heinemann, Hodder, Pearsons, Oxford, Boardworks etc and the first thing I learnt was that it was a lot easier and faster to produce high quality resources once you create and stick to a template.

We have over 700 history resources available for download on the History Academy, which was set up over three years ago on the TES. Check out some of our resources to get a feel of how we have developed our product range.

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/Roy_Huggins

Kind Regards

Roy

nwilkin likes this.
  5. Roy_Huggins

Roy_Huggins New commenter

The History Academy had been hugely successful, it is really hard to make a living as a writer, but I have made more online with the TES in 3 years, than I have with the various educational publishing houses in the UK. The establishmnet really does screw you and make you work for blood money, whilst the TES in comparison allows for excellent rewards and gives authors far greater room to innovate and be creative.

Thank you TES!

Roy

nwilkin and tesAuthorTeam like this.
  6. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

7. nwilkin

nwilkin New commenter

Absolutely agree, freedom to create your resources in the way you want cannot be underestimated. Also 60 - 80% commission is unheard of in the publishing world.