1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Introducing the GingerBread Man

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Grace3784, Dec 20, 2011.

1. I teach year 1 (and mixed in year 2 for 2 days). I am beginning 'FairyTales units this term starting with the Gingerbread man. I plan to cover Gingerbread man, girl, baby, cowboy etc.
    Just wondering if anyone has done this topic in detail and can they reccommend websites, ideas or planning?
    Also, an idea for the roleplay corner? Apart from a gingerbread house!
    Thanks in advance x

2. I teach year 1 (and mixed in year 2 for 2 days). I am beginning 'FairyTales units this term starting with the Gingerbread man. I plan to cover Gingerbread man, girl, baby, cowboy etc.
    Just wondering if anyone has done this topic in detail and can they reccommend websites, ideas or planning?
    Also, an idea for the roleplay corner? Apart from a gingerbread house!
    Thanks in advance x

3. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Just seen an ace dressing up outfit on This Morning of a Gingerbreadman. I think it was from woolworths for £13.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Not much use then seeing as how they ceased trading several years ago!

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

They only closed their high street stores and still trade on line.
    http://www.woolworths.co.uk/little-gingerbread-man---toddler/828213727.prd
    <ul class="thumbnailContainer clear"><li class="productAltItem">[​IMG][/LIST]

6. Thank you!
    It is out of stock in woolworths but I will shop around. Great idea! x

7. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I would start by baking gingerbread men ... and if one should happen to have disappeared out of oven ...
    Have you heard Taffy Thomas tell the gingerbread man http://www.taffythomas.co.uk/orderform.pdf
    he personalises the story to the lake district where he lives but you could do the same with landmarks and people the children know