1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Introducing e-journals

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by MSL7, Jun 10, 2018.

1. MSL7

MSL7 New commenter

So most school settings/practitioners recognise the benefits of e-journals from companies such as Tapestry, 2simple etc.

I am moving into Reception in Sept and am shocked that the school has their own version of the e-journal which is time/labour intensive, however parents have difficulty accessing and/or don’t feed into the journals (which is a key issue).

Assuming that I might be able to suggest a “new” method of generating e-journals, I have a list of benefits for trialing Tapestry but the one thing I haven’t been able to find out is: can Tapestry can be used in a split site school? The current reception classes are in two separate buildings, awaiting the building of a new premises where they will be able join together.

Is anybody currently using Tapestry in this way?

2. 50sman

50sman Senior commenter

I think Tapestry is one of the best albums of all time
    Saw Carole King play it live in Hyde Park two years ago -amazing!

Seriously though why not talk to parents?

3. MSL7

MSL7 New commenter

My original post explains that parents do not access the current e-journal.

The question was: does anyone have experience of using Tapestry in a split-site setting.

4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

No, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. As long as staff all have access to the children's journals from both sites, I can't see why it wouldn't work. Probably much better than paper ones.

MSL7 likes this.
  5. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

I can' see any reason why not, but the lovely peeps over at the FSF where Tapestry has its home would be able to tell you. If you are hoping to trial it, you could ask the question then?

MSL7 likes this.