1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Introducing a new subject

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by b_m, Feb 15, 2012.

1. b_m

b_m New commenter

I am currently head of ICT in a secondary school, in September 2012 we are introducing Business Studies as well, with me leading both. Unlikely we will have any extra classes (as Business is replacing an option column that was ICT) although we may have a new member of staff due to some moving around oif responsibilities.
    As I will be leading 2 subjects at KS4, would I be reasonable in expecting my TLR to be increased?

2. b_m

b_m New commenter

I am currently head of ICT in a secondary school, in September 2012 we are introducing Business Studies as well, with me leading both. Unlikely we will have any extra classes (as Business is replacing an option column that was ICT) although we may have a new member of staff due to some moving around oif responsibilities.
    As I will be leading 2 subjects at KS4, would I be reasonable in expecting my TLR to be increased?

3. Good luck. I have led 2 subject in two different schools (one is very practical subject and one all theory) and never got anything extra apart from an additional hour PPA once a fortnight the first year in the 2nd school when I was introducing the 2nd subject as a completly new subject to the school