1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Intl Schools in Poland

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by yoho, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    I'm looking for any general information regarding international schools, taxes, cost of living, lifestyle (single person), etc. in Poland (Warsaw, Krakow or Wroclaw). Everything I've searched for on here is dated around 2007 so I'm hoping for some more recent news.
    Thanks very much in advance.

2. <font size="2">Wroclaw has been
    developing very quickly since few years, so, it is good place to start. Warsaw
    is very expensive (according to Polish standards). Cost of life? The most expensive would be Warsaw, but other named by you cities are also not the cheapest in Poland.</font>
    <font size="2">In Warsaw:</font>
    <font size="2">Rent minimum 1000 PLN (&pound;1=5PLN); the cheapest (so, around 1000
    PLN) would be studio flat in Ursus area or Praga-Poudnie, but they are NOT the
    safest places in the world. Plus studio flat in Poland means often around 40
    m2. Somewhere closer to the city centre would cost around 1500 PLN. One bedroom
    flat far from the centre-around 1700 PLN, closer to the centre- around 2500
    PLN. Prices are per month. Usually, you have to pay also deposit. Utilities-
    around 300-600 PLN (hot and cold water, central heating, electricity), plus
    separately internet and TV (50-150 PLN).</font>
    <font size="2">Transport- monthly unlimited travel card (underground, trams,
    buses, trains) - 90 PLN; 90-days card- 220PLN</font>
    <font size="2">Taxi- 1 kilometre 1.40-2.50 PLN + starting fee- around 6PLN.</font>
    <font size="2">Cinema- 15-30 PLN</font>
    <font size="2">Theatre- 15- 300 PLN</font>

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font>
    If you would like to develop
    'cultural awareness', here are some articles of Jamie Stokes. He lives in
    Poland :) http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/kat,119594,publicysta,Jamie-Stokes,komentarze.html

3. I live in Lodz and work in an International School. I get paid 6000 zl a month, I pay 1500 for my flat and another 500 for living. My flat is by no means the cheapest going, but it's comfortable and ten minutes from the school.

Did you try the tefl.com site for country prices?