1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interviews- what happened?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lara mfl 05, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Whilst I appreciate your desire to have everything 'together in one place', I've just done a similar thread for all those having interviews; EVERYONE is special and deserves their own congratulations because they earned it!
    I've just done a quick trawl back thro' posts and I don't know if you're aware (apologies if you are and I missed it) but usual practice here is; when you've got a job, you start your own new thread entitled 'Dear Theo, I got the job!' and then you get your own, much treasured and yearned for shiny star from Theo and people can then congratulate you personally on that thread.
    So a quick trawl thro' any posts (try altering the search by date added) entitled 'Dear Theo I got the job' takes you straight to all the people who've done just that recently,
    AND MY AREN'T THERE A LOT! CONGRATULATIONS Oreocookie, Supplyslave (yes I know it's not teaching but it's a success), Ally19, CJOw, Bom2011,danijones, catherine ann, ceribannister & Cupcakelover and that's just going back since Nov.1st!

2. Today I had my 17th interview and still no luck! I'm a female from Asian community, what I have concluded is that I'm getting interviews in all white schools just to tick the school's equal opportunity criteria but when it comes to job offering no chance. At what annoys me most is the feedback.... Nothing constructive, great lesson! Good interview but have no experience.... I'm an Nqt from where I will get experience.im a TA who covers PPA time and absences.... Is that experience not enough! Someone needs to give me a break! Or I will break :(

nazia

3. You're quite right- so ignore this thread!
    I didn't think of a search (doh!) and couldn't keep up...
    ... that's why I missed them!
    FORGET THIS THREAD!

4. Lara mfl 05

But it was a really good thought for you to catch up on all those wonderful success stories, so don't beat yourself up about it.
    By the way have you posted your Dear Theo I got the job thread?

5. Think it's been a 'lucky' week! Can't wait for today's news!
    I feel a bit of a fraud claiming a star, as I've only been on this Jobseeker forum for a very short while- mostly frequent Unemployed/ English/ Supply. Don't really 'know' the posters here/ Theo very well(though have read all his advice and benefitted from it lol!) and feel as if I can't presume on everyone's time [​IMG]
    Also, because I got the job via agency, I don't really feel as if I've 'earned' it as much as those who've had to go through the official interview and grilling process (feel a bit of a cheat tbh)[​IMG]
    Then again maybe I'm being a bit silly- I'll be in school from next week so I may just put up a 'Theo- got the job' for the sheer joy of it! ...and so I don't get 'star envy' watch this space!

6. Lara mfl 05

Apologies spatel, but 'What a load of tosh!'
    Doesn't matter how long you've been jobseeking and you're not presuming on our time. Yes you are being a bit silly.
    We love to celebrate success however 'small' or else we wouldn't be in teaching. Many posters on this Unemployed and Supply forums struggle to find the positives, whilst suffering lack of work/income or just because they 'want out' of their present school, so Theo's brilliant idea of posting the thread to encourage other posters is just that- to provide a boost and encouragement to others!
    Doesn't matter if you got the job via the agency, interview whatever, a school wants YOU and that's cause for celebration! Go post. Often people have said they didn't realise how excited they'd feel when they're awarded that 'shiny star'!

7. Apologies not necessary. And, yes-

8. baileysonice

baileysonice New commenter

I LOVE my shiny star - but how can I preserve it? I'd like it as a desktop icon so I can see it every time I log on. I too have got a job (of uncertain duration) through an agency but I'm still pleased. In a way I felt under more scrutiny than in the usual recruitment process as I was aware that my every interaction with staff/pupils was being watched!

9. I feel as if I should make an oscar-receiving-style speech! Didn't see that coming [​IMG]
    Let me know how to do this- and congratulations and all the best to you too 'uncertain duration' sounds like you're in for a long haul- enjoy!

10. My viewpoint is that it is a great idea, spatel. [​IMG]
    As for my interview - went okay but still don't know if I have got it!!!!!!! Twitchy!!

11. Lara mfl 05

Oh, waiting! Know how that feels.
    Go do something else this weekend that you really enjoy if you do have to wait till Monday.

12. emmadrg

emmadrg New commenter

Here's a couple of beers to help you unwind, Harry ... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. haha cheers both of you. [​IMG]