1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interviews via Skype

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by BrendanMcDonald, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Hi want some advice really, I am currently on a year out in Australia travelling and working returning in June, I am looking for a Teaching (Design Technology) post back in England to start in September. Now personally I feel I shouldn't be ruled out of being short listed as I am currently overseas and could quite comfortably perform an interview Via Skype or telephone.

After speaking to some teachers here, who are Australians, they have previously got jobs in the UK they have performed interviews via Skype or over the phone and successfully got the job.
    Would you rule out a good applicant from an interview because they are currently overseas? Or would you insist that they would physically be in the uk?

2. Hi want some advice really, I am currently on a year out in Australia travelling and working returning in June, I am looking for a Teaching (Design Technology) post back in England to start in September. Now personally I feel I shouldn't be ruled out of being short listed as I am currently overseas and could quite comfortably perform an interview Via Skype or telephone.

After speaking to some teachers here, who are Australians, they have previously got jobs in the UK they have performed interviews via Skype or over the phone and successfully got the job.
    Would you rule out a good applicant from an interview because they are currently overseas? Or would you insist that they would physically be in the uk?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, but . . .
    But you could not teach a lesson and show how you manage the children in that school. And above all, you could not comply with the requirement for a face-to-face interview, as set out in
    https://www.schoolsrecruitment.dcsf.gov.uk/themes/default/pdfs/content/Safeguarding_Children_and_Safer_Recruitment_in_Education_Booklet.pdf
    Have a look at this thread (and Bump it, for other people). iI sets out some points about applying from abroad.
    End of contract and applying for a post in the UK for September?
    Good luck!
    The next Applications Workshop I'm doing that still has vacancies is on Friday 25th February. www.tesweekendworkshop15.eventbrite.com

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for more details of how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!