1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interviews very close to resignation date

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by cuppaandcake, May 20, 2019.

1. cuppaandcake

cuppaandcake New commenter

I'm hoping that I might get an interview on Friday this week which is the last day before half term. I don't want to hand in my notice until I have written confirmation of the offer, so what will I need to discuss at the interview to ensure there are no last minute negotiations? Obviously the salary (any tips about how to bring this up?!) and hours (it's a full time post with flexibility for the right candidate, so I'm hoping I can reduce the hours slightly to help with childcare arrangements). What else do I need to consider? The post is a non-teaching role.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

If it's a non-teaching role, do you not just need the usual 1 month's notice and are not tied to Burgundy Book teacher resignation dates? Check your own school policy.

As to when to bring up salary, if it's not discussed before the question, Are there any questions you'd like to ask us? would be the time. People working in education are going to have to get used to bringing this up at interview and no doubt gradually interview panels will hopefully start to factor it in.

Best of luck with it.