1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interviews reminders

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by emmadrg, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

This for all those who have iupcoming interviews in the next couple of weeks.
    for supplyslave
    kittyhime
    sylviaL
    thomsonpts3 and any others who haven't posted or I've missed
    [​IMG]

2. Lara mfl 05

Just 'bumping' this up for all those wh have interviews somewhen soon.

3. Lara mfl 05

So to Emmamartinez for second art of her interview tomorrow.
    beckyboo1234 who (incredibly) has an interview in Devon and there was someone else who mentioned having an interview next week, but can't seem to find the details-thought it was at the end of a thread?
    Anyway to all having interviews soon and especially for Emmamartinez TOMORROW
    [​IMG]

4. Patontheback

Patontheback New commenter

Thanks Lara MFL! Theo's posts are brilliant. We all feel supported and don't feel so alone........

5. Lara mfl 05

So anyone else to add to the list for week beg 30 Jan ? I seem to have
    thomsonpts3
    Supershinystar
    tigerriffic
    badgergirl (apologies if I've ommitted you, it's sometimes easy to miss if you've added it to another post), so any others want to add your name? I'll update Sun evening with a full list.

You don't have <u>to be specific on the da</u>y and don't have to post if you don't 'get the job' - we all understand. (However we do try and send you a consolation bouquet on the Flowers thread if you do post- can be as short and simple as 'disappointed' or some such. ) It really is a very supportive forum.

6. Lara mfl 05

As promised a little reminder for all of us to keep our fingers crossed for the following who have interviews sometime this week.
    thomsonpts3
    Supershinystar
    tigerriffic
    badgergirl
    (apologies if I've ommitted you, it's sometimes easy to miss if you've added it to another post),
    [​IMG]
    Let's hope by this time next week we have a flurry of 'Dear Theo I got the job' posts.

7. Good luck everyone. I have an interview too this week (number 7!) Fingers crossed! x

8. Lara mfl 05

So especially for
    Wannabe5
    [​IMG]
    Let's hope 7 might be your lucky number!

9. Oh, thanks Lara. That really means alot x

10. Thanks for the good luck messages.

Good luck to everyone else who has an interview this week. Fingers crossed.

11. Lara mfl 05

Just realised there's tigger82 to add to this list of
    thomsonpts3
    Supershinystar
    tigerriffic
    badgergirl
    So again
    [​IMG]

12. Good luck to everyone with interviews this week. I had an interview yesterday and as I've been lurking on here for a while without posting myself I decided if I didn't get the job I should really say hello on this thread as it's a great idea! So obviously didn't get the job and now back to the drawing board. My feedback was basically that my answers were not as indepth as the other candidates. I'm an NQT though so feel that lack of experience makes it difficult to answer like someone with years of experience to draw on! I've signed up to a supply agency but as my current CRB was over 3 months old I had to pay 50 pounds to get a new CRB before I can work for them, and which still hasn't arrived almost 4 weeks later! Should they really take this long? Anyway, I will stop moaning now and wish good luck again to everyone this week :)

13. £50? £50????? Next time you sign up to an agency firstly check if they do portability on your current CRB. If not, then simply REFUSE to pay anything over £44 for another one as that is the current price! Also CRBs can take FOREVER. If you haven't got it by 6 weeks then start enquiring about where it is!

Anyway, bad luck with your last interview. A good piece of advice I was given was that whatever I say try and back it up with examples. If they ask you about AfL for example, mention anything you've done such a pair/group work, peer assessment, quizzes etc. Good luck with any others you may have lined up!

14. Lara mfl 05

Talk about going 'up to the wire' ! So hopefully you can check this before you go
    Fingers crossed. Wishing you all the best of luck!

15. Thank you Lara for directing me to this thread, I have an interview on Monday so please keep your fingers crossed for me! I have been away from teaching for 5 years to raise my family so have a lot of swotting up to do this weekend! Good luck to everyone who has interviews coming up x

16. Thanks Lara, observation went well but I'm not too sure about the interview. As they are still interviewing next week I won't know how I got on until next week.[​IMG]

17. Interview next Weds and another one on Thurs. Goodness!!
    The 8th and the 9th

18. Lara mfl 05

Sitting here 'all stuffed up' so can't think properly so decided to
    start thinking about interviewees for this coming week. I have
    travellingfaery who has an interview for Head of Spanish but has to teach French at interview
    juliet1982 who has an interview at a special school
    tp537 (who has a tray task so possibly promotion?)
    desmereedq who has an interview on Wednesday
    catherine ann who has an interview before half term within her present school setting and needs a confidence boost
    patsychucker 2 interviews! Wed and Thur
    lorri n82
    southlondonteacher who has a Head of faculty interview
    Any others I've missed?
    Then look here tomorrow for the crossed fingers for all of you.

19. Me, ME!!!! I have an interview on Monday.

GOOD LUCK everyone. Hopefully this will be our week!

20. I have an interview tomorrow [Monday] too.

Feeling very scared/nervous/excited TBH. Currently sat making notes on the peson spec sheet. I will be <u>GUTTED</u> if i'm not successful. I so want this position, I know I will be FAB at it [don't mean to sound big headed]