1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interviews reminders

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by emmadrg, Dec 2, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

If you wear these, you'll still have some nails left by tomorrow!
    [​IMG]
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and often contribute to the Job Application Seminar Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, wonder if they do discounts on those gloves for all the people who'll be needing them?

3. Good luck with interviews everybody. Fingers Crossed for you all. XXX

4. Well, sounds like I haven't got the first one as I got home to find a message on my answer machine saying that I can ring for feedback tomorrow, at a specific time. Didn't mention anything about getting the position or not, but 'feedback' suggests otherwise.
    My other call is tomorrow, but I am in a no-signal area for virtually all of tomorrow so might miss it. Also makes it difficult to ring for feedback at the requested time. Note, no signal area for most networks - Sometimes I get signal, not move and it goes again!
    Shall be interesting.

5. Lara mfl 05

Would it be wort sending a quick e-mail warning them you might be out of range tomorrow?

6. That's a brilliant idea!! Why didn't I think of that? Thank you :)

7. Takara2005

Takara2005 New commenter

Thanks for messages of support,

I am just going to do some last minute checks, make sure my clothes are ironed and I have all the resources and get a copy of my Lesson plan printed off then its an early night :)

8. Lara mfl 05

I'd do more than 1. 1 for yourself, 1 for the observer and a couple of spares just in case you have a TA/ more than one observer or lose one.
    Well done on the early night and getting your preparation done ahead of time. You'll be all rested and refreshed for that interview!

9. zippycfb

zippycfb New commenter

Good luck Takara, I've got everything crossed for you.

10. Lara mfl 05

FAO <u>haffy1984</u>
    All the very best for next week.
    Fingers crossed for you and hoping you'll be able to post your very own 'Dear Theo, I got the job' thread<u> this time.</u>
    [​IMG]

11. zippycfb

zippycfb New commenter

Got an interview next Tuesday for a September start. At least I know what to expect now [​IMG]

12. Lara mfl 05

So Updates for next week
    haffy1984 has an interview one day next week.
    zippycfb has an interview next Tuesday for a <u>permanent</u> post
    Fingers crossed
    [​IMG]
    &
    [​IMG]

13. Takara2005

Takara2005 New commenter

Unfortunately did not get the job, was told my starter was too easy I did a word search for year 8. I was told they need an exceptional teacher who will push them hard because the school has just come out of special measures and they need someone who will get them to outstanding. So its back to the drawing board for me. But thanks for rooting for me and best of luck to any one who has an interview this week will keep my fingers crossed for them

:-(((((

14. Lara mfl 05

Takara, trust you saw your flower on the Flowers thread? If not look at last post on

Flowers . . .
    So . . one disappointment, <u>BUT</u> they say they were looking for "an exceptional teacher" and <u>they interviewwed you</u>. Your application must have caused them to consider your potential to fulfil that remit, so hang on to that belief.
    As to the feedback take anything you think is genuine, such as possibly having 2 starters next time one easy and one more challenging to adapt depending on the actual children you face in the class.

15. Lara mfl 05

Bump for zippycfb, who has an interview tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

16. zippycfb

zippycfb New commenter

Thanks Lara. I'm in panic mode! Had an unexpected day of supply today (typical when I have an interview to prepare for) so I'm a bit behind. I'll get there, deep breaths [​IMG]

17. Lara mfl 05

Continuing Updates for this week
    haffy1984 has an interview - unclear on which day (& you DON'T have to tell us)
    Fingers crossed everyone
    [​IMG]
    &
    [​IMG]
    to others who've posted on upcoming interviews, including
    courage taker who has an interview including a GR session
    Georgia99 who has an interview at a FE college
    plus anyone else who doesn't feel like posting (we understand why not).

18. Just popping on here quickly to say good luck for interviews everyone. Fingers crossed I'll have some lined up soon (why I thought applying for six teaching jobs all at the same time was a good idea I'll never know, but hopefully I hear something positive back from at least one of them)!

19. zippycfb

zippycfb New commenter

Just had the call, unfortunately I wasn't successful today. The Head said I was a very very very very very close second which is some consolation as there were a lot of us. They liked my lesson and said I interviewed really well, but got pipped by a better person on the day. Been invited to call back next week for more detailed feedback. Overall though a very worthwhile day which will stand me in good stead for future interviews. Good luck to everybody else with interviews coming up.

20. Lara mfl 05

Time for a visit to theFlowers . . . thread zippy!
    Give me 5 mins to find a suitable bouquet first!