1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interviews reminders

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by emmadrg, Dec 2, 2011.

1. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Fingers are crossed for you Katy. At least you did your best and that's all anyone can ask for. Hope the news is good.

2. emmalafferty

emmalafferty New commenter

Interview 2 of the week is over!
    Have taught a numeracy activity on Monday and Literacy today; should hear from Monday's school today wither way, and the other will only call with good news, otherwise it's a letter in the post!
    *fingers crossed*
    Positive thinking for everyone today!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I suppose that at least reassures you, if they don't phone, that you know their decision and don't keep hoping!
    Lets. hope one of the two has good news though.

4. princesstulip

princesstulip New commenter

Feeling quite unhappy after a rubbish interview today. The actual interview with the head and deputy went well but my lesson after wasn't good - disruptive behaviour I didn't deal with properly because I was so worried about the time contrainst and not all pupils understood by the end... In all not expecting good news. Just wanted to get that off my chest!
    It's all helpful experience though. Of course I'd love to get a job as soon as possible but I can see how to learn from my mistakes and I hope other people also get something positive from of their experiences even if they don't find the right school this time round.

5. I have an interview on Friday this week! I only found out this morning, and I'm still waiting on an email to let me know what I'll be teaching etc, so I'm super nervous, but also a wee bit excited too. Knowing that I have a job to go to in January would make Christmas so much sweeter, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much!

Good luck to everyone else interviewing this week! As an aside, how do you put pictures into your post? I want to join in!

6. Lara mfl 05

Congratulations on the interview haleyp.
    Incidentally to insert the pictures just simply copy and paste if using Explorer. I use Firefox and it took me a whole day and many attempt how to do it. Thanks to marlin's advice I needed to put
    [ i m g ] then insert the copied image location information and end with [ / i m g ] (notice the / before the img) but ignore the spaces-it's just they don't show up unless one puts a space in on here.

7. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

Well you never know princesstulip, the other lessons might have been much worse!! Glad you can see a positive though, it's a good sign of 'resiliance', gold star! [​IMG] If it's not to be, then good luck with the next one!

8. Lara mfl 05

9. marlin

marlin Star commenter

So much good news - congratulations to all those who were successful. Please keep you fingers crossed for:
    Good luck to pepethecat who has an interview for Fondation stage manager on Wednesday [​IMG]
    Good luck to 21-K on Thursday.[​IMG]
    Good luck to Hayleyp who has an interview on Friday - hoping your Christmas will be extra-special this year [​IMG]
    Good luck to Kittyhime who has an interview for a cover supervisor later this week [​IMG]
    Good luck to Welshchocoholic - not sure which day! [​IMG]
    Next week:
    Good luck to veni_vidi who has an interview next week [​IMG]
    Good luck to Mikey1433 who has an interview for a year 4 post next week [​IMG]
    Best wishes to you all!

10. Lara mfl 05

And thank you to marlin for constant updates.
    [​IMG]
    It's unusually busy and I certainly have difficulty keeping up.

11. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Thanks Lara - very appropriate! [​IMG]
    I'm out tonight at an orchestra rehearsal (more music!) so will have to log off now and get myself ready. Will check the board again when I get back and update if there is any more news.
    BTW I could have done with you today - I had to teach two lessons of French! [​IMG]
    Flowers from a French market for you -

[​IMG]

12. pepethecat

pepethecat New commenter

Thank you!!!! Getting last few bits and pieces in order and feeling ok-ish about it!!

13. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Everyone - please keep you fingers crossed for those who have interviews this week and some for next week too:
    Good luck to pepethecat who has an interview for Foundation Stage Manager on Wednesday - hope all those bits and pieces are all in order now! [​IMG]
    Good luck to 21-K on Thursday - keep the faith![​IMG]
    Good luck to msjr113 who has an interview on Thursday for a permanent post! [​IMG]
    Good luck to Hayleyp who has an interview on Friday - hoping your Christmas will be extra-special this year! [​IMG]
    Good luck to LTC1409 - Let's hope you can get get those Year 8 pupils thinking on Friday! [​IMG]
    Good luck to Kittyhime who has an interview for a cover supervisor later this week. [​IMG]
    Good luck to Welshchocoholic - not sure which day! [​IMG]
    Next week:
    Best wishes to you all!

14. Good luck to everyone!!
    I have an interview coming up this week, as well as an interview next week!! Both for TA roles, but will take any opportunity that comes my way :D

15. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

Good luck with both! You're bound to get one [​IMG]

16. Thank you everyone for all of the good luck wishes! I've just today received the details of the lesson I'll need to teach, so I haven't got much prep time, but also not too much time to get too nervous!!
    All of the the "Theo- I got the job" threads are really heartening, so GOOD LUCK to everyone with interviews this week and next, and here's hoping for more good news!
    Thanks Lara for the instructions on how to post a picture, I've had a couple of tries on the practice thread, but no joy so far (I'm on firefox too), I think I've been following your instructions properly, but I'll try again later once I've made a start on my interview lesson - I'll feel much better once I've got something down on paper.
    Again, best of luck everyone, and biggest congrats to those who have had good news this week.

17. No interview for me, but really wanted to wish everyone the very best of luck!
    [​IMG] S4mm13 xx

18. Posted earlier today to say I had 2 interviews coming up. Just got an e-mail informing me of a 3rd interview (also next week). Forgot it was short-listing day for 2 of my applications today and got interviews for both. I have another shortlisting day tomorrow (for one other application) and another on Friday for one/two applications.
    It's busy, busy, busy - Just need to figure out how to get to them now!! :D

19. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

I just want to add my GOOD LUCK wish to everyone too!
    [​IMG]

20. marlin

marlin Star commenter

OK everyone - please keep all those fingers and toes crossed for those who still have interviews this week - and some for next week too - it is appreciated by them all:
    Good luck to 21-K on Thursday - keep the faith![​IMG]
    Good luck to msjr113 who has an interview on Thursday for a permanent post! [​IMG]
    Good luck to Hayleyp who has an interview on Friday - and can now post pictures on the forum! [​IMG]
    Good luck to LTC1409 - Let's hope you can get get those Year 8 pupils thinking on Friday! [​IMG]
    Good luck to Kittyhime who has an interview for a cover supervisor later this week. [​IMG]
    Good luck to patchi who seems to have an abundance of applications in at the moment and has an interview this week! [​IMG]
    Good luck to Welshchocoholic [​IMG]
    Next week:
    Good luck to patchi - another interview if needed! [​IMG]
    Best wishes to you all!