1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interviews reminders

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by emmadrg, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I have my first teaching interview in 3 years next Friday (18th)! It's to a Year 6 class, so the poor things - they have to face me after a week of tests!!

2. Hi Lara
    I know you said this to another poster:
    I did actually say this to myself just prior to my interview! It did actually help [​IMG]
    The power of positive thinking eh?
    Good luck to all the other jobseekers

3. Sheeee

Sheeee New commenter

I have an interview late next week... good luck would be much appreciated!!

Also, can I ask... what is the 'I am a good teacher' act??

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Will add to to the usual update on Sunday so we all know to keep our fingers crossed.
    Well, I often liken teaching in front of a class, especially under observed conditions, as a bit like 'acting' out a part in a production. You 'act out' being a 'good teacher' (or even better outstanding of course) and hopefully give a convincing performance and 'whenever you fool the people you fool yourself as well' by believing in yourself in that role. If you see what I mean.

5. I've got an interview for an SEN teacher post next friday (18th) it's my dream job so I really hope I do myself justice!

6. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Hi Lara et al,
    My interview is Weds 16th. Sooooo nervous.

7. Lara mfl 05

Wow, quite a trawl to try and find all the interview 'hopefuls' for this week, so many of you having gained interviews. Apologies if I've missed you, but there's still time to add you to the list.
    So to update everyone who wants to wish them 'Good Luck' or just keep their fingers crossed for them, the following all have interviews this coming week
    Alliandra Mon (Let’s hope this will be the one!)

fionn Tues

Shortgal Tue pm for EYFS

manuscript2007 Wed

Tigger82 weds

Sillow Fri (Who has Y6 after their week of tests)

Mrsmb17 Fri

plus

Sheee late in
    week

Boogle2604 (Who has an observed lesson in own school for
    promotion)

Butterflychic (Who is suffering 1st interview
    nerves)

Devilsangel100

Vanadesse (Who has an NQT interview)

and Monty1942 ( who
    has no less than 3 interviews!)
    We are all keeping [​IMG] for you

8. Aww, Lara, you're the best!!

9. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

mines tomorrow morning :)

10. Lara mfl 05

So
    [​IMG]
    to you Cosmic_Rainbow for Mon. morning!

11. Thank you! Good luck to all of you :)

12. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

I've got mine tomorrow at mid day, eek!

13. Sheeee

Sheeee New commenter

Thank you lara! Good luck everyone else too :)

I am getting very very nervous and still have days to wait :/

14. Sheeee

Sheeee New commenter

First round today :/ so scared!

15. I didn't get mine :( Apparently I was a very very close second but it doesn't make me feel any better!

16. Lara mfl 05

Oh disappointing for you mrsmb17, especially if you liked the school.
    You're right, coming second isn't any consolation. On the positive side, remember, even the Gold medal winner will have had their fair share of coming 'placed' before they got that much wanted 'First'.
    In the meantime what about looking at our Flowers . . .thread and see if there's been a delivery.

17. Thanks Marlin and little crossed fingered girl, it worked!
    I have no idea who still has job interviews outstanding, but best of luck to you all! :)

18. Lara mfl 05

I was trying to do an update but there have been <u>so</u> many posts re getting jobs recently.
    I know littlemissdarling is preparing for tomorrow, so to her and all preparing for interviews Thursday and Friday
    [​IMG]

19. I've got an interview tomorrow... it's my 2nd interview so far (just finishing my training year) but my first one that has an actual teaching element. =D Incredibly nervous but quite excited too!

Good luck to everyone else that has interviews coming up. (Also good luck to those that have yet to be shortlisted!)

20. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Good luck Aleria!
    [​IMG]