1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interviews reminders

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by emmadrg, Dec 2, 2011.

1. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

I agree, but I may be brain dead afterwards!
    I am definitely going to do a MM mm [​IMG] too - its a great idea.

2. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Ooh, sorry PinkHelen,
    decided yesterday to leave wishing you Good Luck until the night before and now it's late. However fingers crossed and
    [​IMG]
    for TOMORROW!

4. Lara mfl 05

Now you know what you have to do now don't you?
    if you don't, Theo has a little tradition that when you get a job, you start a new thread entitled 'Dear Theo I got the job!' This means Theo awards you one of his shiny stars and we can congratulate you, but <u>most importantly</u> it is an incentive to other Jobseekers to see all those Dear Theo I got the job threads, that next time might be their turn!
    So for now [​IMG]

5. Lara mfl 05

OK. New Term. New interviews. Just to get you all in one place for those of us who want to keep 'fingers crossed'.
    So far I've found
    nemason1985 who has an interview on Tuesday
    charlylou who is nervous about her (?) interview with a student panel on Thursday
    fefewilko who has an interview sometime soon
    and frankie2011 who has an interview for HoD and won't know the subject matter of the lesson until the actual day.
    To you all
    [​IMG]

6. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

I don't know how to add myself to your list Lara - could I be included as I need lots of positive energy to come my way! - I'm Friday 20th/ science subject leader/ 2 lesson obs [​IMG]

7. Lara mfl 05

Update
    charlylou who is nervous about her (?) interview with a student panel on Thursday
    fefewilko who has an interview sometime soon
    and frankie2011 who has an interview for HoD and won't know the subject matter of the lesson until the actual day.
    plus
    msmuse Friday 20th/ science subject leader/ 2 lesson obs
    [​IMG]

8. Can I be cheeky and add myself to that list too!!! Need all the luck I can!!! Got an interview for Early Years manager on Wednesday and go through waves of thinking im on the right tracks then waves of sheer terror lol! [​IMG]

9. Lara mfl 05

"Can I be cheeky and add myself to that list too!"
    Of course you can, that's the whole point of the Sunday update. Which now reads
    hpycroft interview for EYFS on Wednesday
    fefewilko who has an interview sometime soon as do
    frankie2011 who has an interview for HoD and won't know the subject matter of the lesson until the actual day.
    msmuse Friday 20th/ science subject leader/ 2 lesson ob.
    Looking forward to those new Dear Theo I got the job threads!
    [​IMG] Everyone!

10. Hi Lara,
    It seems that you bring people much luck, so I thought I would let you know that I too have an interview on Wednesday for a KS1 post and really feel like this is the one!
    Thank you for all your advice and tips throughout the forums! [​IMG]

11. Lara mfl 05

Wehtrac21, it's nothing really to do with 'luck'.
    People get the jobs on their own merits. but sometimes, knowing someone is 'rooting for you' helps your own self-confidence and you can relax and 'perform' more naturally.
    Anyway
    for Wehtrac for your interview on Wednesday
    [​IMG]

12. hi all

mine is on thursday.

thanks

13. Lara mfl 05

So to f.a.b for Thursday
    [​IMG]

14. Well i can honestly say my interview went terrible! Was SO nervous in my presentation that i couldnt get my words out and forgot to breathe...not a good combination lol!!! Interview went better but i can see them thinking if you cant do a presentation god help running a parents meeting! (which i do x120 parents and am FINE!!!) - will write it off to experience!!! Will find out this evening the result fingers crossed they dont think im a *** lol [​IMG] x

15. lol is m0r0n a a banned word! [​IMG]

16. nope didnt get it! damn nerves! Thanks for the luck anyway! [​IMG] x

17. Lara mfl 05

If you pop along to the Flowers . . . thread there's been a special delivery for you.
    Next time . . . !

18. Submitted 2 applications this week and have heard from one of them, I've got an interview next week, I'm hoping the other one phones me on Monday and invites me for interview on Wednesday as that day is most convenient for me. I'm pretty sure it works like that, right?

19. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Well we can all cross our fingers for you ICatherineI, but no, I really don't think it does work like that [​IMG]
    My interview/ lessons went OK I think, but you never really know do you? We were told we would have to wait until next week to find out [​IMG] - no idea why.

20. Lara mfl 05

So,step this way if you want our best wishes for interviews this week.
    So far I appear to have
    lCatherinel for Monday and possibly another one later on?
    charlie-m18 who also has a 'Getting to Know You' session
    jmlm2212 on Tuesday
    Cosmic Rainbow who was unsure whether to wear a blazer or not unsure of day.
    Please post if you want to be added to our list of people to 'keep our fingers crossed for'. Will update tonight.