1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interviews Looming - Help!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Muttley_in_the_Midlands, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Muttley_in_the_Midlands

Muttley_in_the_Midlands New commenter

I have snuck onto this thread and hope you don't mind. My Mac doesn't let me do paragraphs either - sorry.

I have interviews next week for GTP and school-based ITT PGCE courses.

I passed one GTP selection day,then the provider cancelled the course. Applied to another provider and I failed the GTP interview spectacularly. I did get feedback and am trying to understand where I went wrong.

My confidence is now at a low ebb and for the PGCE interview I have to give a 5 minute "presentation" on a subject they have given me, suitable for 14 year olds. I am happy with how I want to do this but it's hardly a presentation - more of an interactive micro-lesson and in 5 minutes a lot of the "Teaching a Lesson at Interview" advice won't quite fit.

I would appreciate any advice, particularly on the best places to look for the "2 biggest issues in education today" type questions. There are plenty of issues, but who's to say which are the most important?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

You are. They want <u>your</u> ideas and priorities, not necessarily 'a right answer'.

3. Muttley_in_the_Midlands

Muttley_in_the_Midlands New commenter

I totally get your point, however having failed my last interview I expect that was one of the "wrong" answers I gave, hence lacking the confidence now in my own ideas and priorities. Its all a bit difficult - I passed the first selection but failed the second and yet I thought I was the same person at both interviews! Am trying to work out what to change and how to present myself this time.

4. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Have you looked at the national priorities and latest policys?
    I am in Scotland and we have a different agenda here but two of the big issues are raising attainment and achievement (post 16 destinations, narrowing the poverty gap) and the new curriculum.
    What is there in your area or nationaly that you can look at?