1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interviews Glasgow PGDE Primary - anyone got a date yet?

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by peewee1981, Nov 27, 2012.

1. I didn't realise you had to make our intentions clear on the application, I do want to complete the religious certificate so just spoke to them and had it added to my application.
    The woman also said that they will be looking at applications tomorrow so fingers crossed!!
    xcha

2. Neither did I! I am worried now! I will call in the morning too. Although it is obvious from my application that I attended catholic school and I volunteer in a catholic school. I wonder if anyone will find out tomorrow about interview! I can't take the wait any longer!

3. Hi, I didn't state my intention either and now I'm worried! I just had so much else to say!
    I had an interview 2 years ago without saying though.
    Can i ask, who did you phone?

4. I spoke to Vicky Stuart and she asked me to put it in an email her details are:
    Miss Vicki Stewart
    Admissions Administrator
    Undergraduate & ITE Office

School of Education
    University of Glasgow
    St Andrew's Building, 11 Eldon Street
    GLASGOW
    G3 6NH

Tel +44 (0) 141 330 2463
    Fax +44 (0) 141 330 3065

5. Thank you, I phoned this morning already, not sure if that is who I got through to but they were slightly abrupt about the whole thing! I'm really panicking about this now!
    She told me to email but as the applications are being processed today it's probably too late. I am kicking myself, don't know why I didn't state my intentions! :(

6. Vicki told me on email that my original email will be passed to the interview people. I dont think you should worry. I got an interview two years ago without stating my intentions either. I was sure there was a question in the application asking about the CTC but I just went to look at my form and can't see it anywhere. Out of our hands now! Good luck everyone.

7. CalamityKatie

CalamityKatie New commenter

Argh... this waiting thing is driving me mad! If the interviews are in January, we must find out over the next two weeks...

8. I was unsuccessful last year when applying for Glasgow and we found out about interviews the last week before Christmas.

9. Hi everyone,

I've just received an email from Glasgow to attend an interview at 0930 next Monday, the 17th - eek!

Anyone else?

10. CalamityKatie

Well done! Is this for the Primary PGDE?!!

11. Thankyou and yes, Primary. I was really not expecting them to call people so soon, just in the process of cancelling everything that me or my daughter were committed to this weekend!

12. CalamityKatie

When did you get your app in? Were you one of the early ones?

13. I think it was all finalised on the system by 30th November.

14. hi! ive got an interview for glasgow on the 17th aswel :) ! nervous! any idea what the written part might involve :S

15. CalamityKatie

Wow, this is happening quickly!
    Prior to any of this, did the uni ask you to send any copy of academic transcripts? Apologies, lots of questions....

16. no the email just said to bring them along to the interview :)

17. well done to those with interviews next week I can't believe it's happening so quickly!!! fingers crossed I hear back soon too x

18. Omg! That's fast! Well done! Now the wait is even worse as people are starting to find out!

19. I heard back today through email.

Hope you have too :)

20. Me too! It's also going to be on the 17th Dec.

I was wondering, because they said (somewhere) that it could take two weeks to find out if you're successful or unsuccessful after the interview do you think it will be after the holidays?

If not it could either be a good or a bad Christmas!! Eeeek