1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interviews during the summer?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Kizzz, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Kizzz

Kizzz New commenter

Just wondering whether schools still recruit during the summer months or if I have well an truly missed all opportunities for September now!

I've seen one school interviewing for a TA role during August, but wondered if this is rare?

2. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Yes. A lot can happen in 6 weeks - people's re location plans can fall through; people can decide they don't want the job for a variety of reasons. Schools sometimes end up with no choice but to recruit in August, although this is often through agencies. Don't give up just yet.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I have appointed excellent staff, interviewing them n Results Days!

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

And then, sometimes schools go back in September (earlier in Scotland and some counties in England) and a newly appointed person just doesn't show up!