1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interviews at a school you attended yourself and another dilemma

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by rainbowsandrain, May 10, 2012.

1. I just had an interview at my old secondary school and was very disappointed - during the individual interview I don't think I 'sold myself' very well. The questions were really difficult and not at all like the usual 'why teaching?' 'why this school?' etc. Do you think this might be because I left relatively recently so the Head sort of knows me already? I was just wondering what kind of experiences others have had?

So gutted that it went badly :(. I'm waiting for the phone call but I really don't think I got it.

Also, I have just been invited for interview at another school on Monday and they would like confirmation that I can attend. I may not find out if I got this job (unlikely but I'm still hopeful!) until tomorrow. Do you think it would be ok to let the school know tomorrow after I find out the result from today's interview whether or not I can attend on Monday or would it be better for me to email them today explaining my situation?

2. I just had an interview at my old secondary school and was very disappointed - during the individual interview I don't think I 'sold myself' very well. The questions were really difficult and not at all like the usual 'why teaching?' 'why this school?' etc. Do you think this might be because I left relatively recently so the Head sort of knows me already? I was just wondering what kind of experiences others have had?

So gutted that it went badly :(. I'm waiting for the phone call but I really don't think I got it.

Also, I have just been invited for interview at another school on Monday and they would like confirmation that I can attend. I may not find out if I got this job (unlikely but I'm still hopeful!) until tomorrow. Do you think it would be ok to let the school know tomorrow after I find out the result from today's interview whether or not I can attend on Monday or would it be better for me to email them today explaining my situation?

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Accept the Monday invitation NOW.
    If you then get offered the post you've just been interviewed for, you immediately ring the Monday school, thank them profusely for inviting you, but say 'Happily, I've been offered and accepted another post'.
    You do not need to tell them at the point of accepting the interview that you're waiting on word from another school.