1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interviewing new volunteer

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by hipchic2, Feb 18, 2011.

1. I have an amazing young lady who has applied to volunteer in our pre-school, she is currently studying for an Art Diploma and applying to University for Media studies. She has some experience with looking after her nephews and would like to become a volunteer 2 days a week until she starts University in September. I need some advice on checks, application forms alongside interview questions can anyone offer some guidance. I understand the procedures for CRB checks however I am unsure on what application forms and interview questions seem appropriate?

2. I have an amazing young lady who has applied to volunteer in our pre-school, she is currently studying for an Art Diploma and applying to University for Media studies. She has some experience with looking after her nephews and would like to become a volunteer 2 days a week until she starts University in September. I need some advice on checks, application forms alongside interview questions can anyone offer some guidance. I understand the procedures for CRB checks however I am unsure on what application forms and interview questions seem appropriate?

3. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

Can she not just write a letter of application if she's only to be a temporary helper? I'm unsure as to whether you really need to interview her. As a helper, she can be asked to leave at any time, so I'd take her on for an initial 2 weeks to see how she gets on.
    Also, a relation of mine who runs a nursery always gets her interviewees to spend half a day in the nursery to watch how they interact with the children (but she doesn't tell them that). Apparently some don't .....!