1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by leighcooper, Jan 21, 2020.

1. leighcooper

leighcooper New commenter

Hi all,

I hope you can help, I've been asked for interview - nothing to prep, six candidates over two days! I'm assuming there's going to be a data task, which is where I have fallen down in the past - any advice?

2. abacus1982

abacus1982 Established commenter

Go through their website and the published data on DfE. Pick out trends and areas of strength and for development and create a document which has got all that information to support you. This was what I did. Meant I had most of it done so when I was given data to do I just had a little bit more detail to put in. Remember to bring out what the strengths are not just the areas to develop.

3. Skychaserhigh

Skychaserhigh New commenter

Just be careful about spending a lot of time analysing the school's data. I have had two interviews now where the SIA has produced an anonymous data portfolio, not connected to the school - I don't want you to waste your time and be thrown if it is not the school data!

Pomza likes this.
  4. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Established commenter

That said, practising analysing data can only be a good thing if this is an area were you have underperformed in the past.

Once you have had a look at some data, see if a data focused colleague can give you any pointers for areas you missed or misinterpreted.

5. thejudgesscoresarein

thejudgesscoresarein Occasional commenter

Gather information about the school- have a look at the OFSTED report and league tables if you haven’t already. Usually on HT interviews, you won’t get asked to prepare, but it’s good having knowledge of these facts so that you can refer to this during interview.