1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by KAZZENA, Jan 8, 2020.

1. KAZZENA

KAZZENA New commenter

Hi all, I have an interview tomorrow for a TA post in a secondary school, previously I worked in primary schools and have been out of the role for 3 years, the email came today and I have little time to prepare. Any advice, heads up on interview questions etc would be great particularly behaviour strategies for this keystage. I have to be observed and do an in tray test too. Super nervous

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Having worked in primary for 30-odd years, I don't know much about how a secondary interview will work. Have a good look tonight at the school website; you might find the behaviour policy there. I think they will have a question or two about behaviour, possibly give you a scenario and ask what you would do. Definitely say you would aim to defuse situations before they became more serious and would always follow school policy. There will also be something about safeguarding - again, you will follow the school policy and always ensure you record any incidents.
    Best of luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes.