1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Sooz22257, Jan 20, 2012.

1. I
    have just got invited for an interview for a grammar school in N Ireland. Has anyone got any good advice regarding how I
    should prepare? I will be looking at the revised curriculum and thinking about my experience so
    far as a teacher – only one year and my reflecting on my teaching skills. I am
    not good at interviews. I am a confident person but the way interviews are held
    in N Ireland with a large no. of people and
    having three or four set questions is not what I am used to. I never know if I
    am talking too much or saying the right buzz words. What are the buzz words? I
    am going to try my very best as I would really like this job even though its
    only a temporary maternity cover it would be a good experience.
    Thank you in advance.

2. Having posted this I have just read some of the advice given in other posts. I love the use of the ripple effect and am going to use this in my answers. I know I have a lot of work to do if I hope to get the job.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done Sooz for getting that interview!
    Have you read the two Interview clickables inside the Welcome thread? They will help you feel confident that you are well prepared!
    Best of luck.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations Sooz on getting that interview. I get the impression from trawling these forums that posts in N Ireland are very hard to come by, so double congratulations on getting even this far.
    Fingers crossed for you. If you like to add yourself to the

Interviews reminders thread - you don't have to put actual day, just which week if you like (saves being embarrassed if you should be unsuccessful) and we can be keeping our fingers crossed for you.

5. Thank you I have had a look at the interview links and love the interview reminders posts, its nice to read all the positive comments. I am going to try my best to get the job and also to stay positive if I don't!