1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

interview yesterday - still haven't heard from them

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by sparklyrainbowfish, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Hi all
    Just after some advice really.
    I had an interview yesterday and was told they would try to call me the same day - I haven't heard yet. Is it ok to call the school and ask when I'm likely to hear? I can't stand this waiting any more.
    thanks,
    sparkly

2. Hi all
    Just after some advice really.
    I had an interview yesterday and was told they would try to call me the same day - I haven't heard yet. Is it ok to call the school and ask when I'm likely to hear? I can't stand this waiting any more.
    thanks,
    sparkly

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

I can't see how it could hurt.

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

It is fine to call them - but prepare yourself for disappointment as it's highly unlikely (given that they said they'd call the same day) that they haven't made a decision and offered it to someone else. A likely scenario is that the successful candidate asked for time to 'think about it' and it was granted.

5. thanks MM, that's the scenario I have been thinking is most likely as well.
    I did call just now. Apparently the head is interviewing people today for another post, so will call me later.
    More waiting!