1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview - writing assessment

Discussion in 'Primary' started by susiec08, May 20, 2012.

1. I posted this in jobseekers but it was suggested I pop over here.
    I have an interview next week and if I get shortlisted for the afternoon I will need to assess a piece of KS1 writing, with 2 other candidates. It will be discussed and it is expected that I will annotate the writing.
    As its been a few years since assessing a piece of work (currently on suuply) can I ask what I might be looking for, what I need to be writing and will I need to know the APP grids off by heart??
    Thank you

2. Check whether the APP grids will be allowed whilst your assessing - i would imagine they are going to be! I don't know any teacher who knows them off by heart - the more you use them the more familiar you are with them and you learn to estimate a level, but many schools are still getting to grips them.

My advice is to ask first then you know what your working with.

Also you mentioned that your on supply - pop into one of the schools you work in and ask them to look at some ks1 levelled work then you know what to look for!

Hope this is helpful!