1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Woes from a Big Softie. Be Patient please!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Mortie, May 1, 2012.

1. I've got an interview for a Head of Dept job that I really want (Thanks Theo for the Exec Summary advice!) but I am feeling VERY guilty and nervous about telling my current Head of Faculty.
    I just feel like everyone is going to hate me for leaving and dropping them in it/abandoning my Year 10 GCSE group.
    I've only been there since September and realised very quickly that it's not the job for me. I am very ambitious and there is no room for progression as my current HOD has a cushy number and will be going nowhere. The school isn't my kind of school and my relationship with my HOD isn't great because she is lazy and I get frustrated by her.
    I know this is a ridiculous post but I just wanted to get this off my chest really. I'm dreading telling my HOF tomorrow. Dreading it! He's really happy with me and my contribution to the faculty, now they are going to be back to square one and I know he'll be disappointed to lose me.

Agh, why am I so soft???? [​IMG]

So, my question is this - is it generally considered to be selfish/bad practise to leave a post after only 1 year?

2. Also - I know I haven't got the job yet - it's more the point that he now knows that I'm applying for other posts that bothers me.

Just to clear that up! [​IMG]

3. dizzymai

dizzymai New commenter

I've met several teachers who have left after a year, once they recognise that the school is not right for them.

Go for it!