1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview with a presentation?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by flower16, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Hi I have been called for a interview, which im so glad about, however, they have said the 2nd part of the interview will include a unseen presentation. I have no clue on what this may mean, so confused. Anyone had a interview with a presentation, what can i expect and what they will be looking for?

2. comenius

comenius New commenter

I had an interview similar to this - we were given the presentation title on the interview day and just 20 minutes to plan and prepare it - no idea what it would be on.

3. Well done on getting your interview.
    I imagine they are looking to see that you come across well, confident with a good sense of humour where appropriate, can engage your audience, explain well and are not totally flawed by having to do something with very little prep.
    Hope this helps and it goes well for you.
    Good luck!

4. hi thanks for the reply, what area were you given? iv never had this so dreadin it

5. comenius

comenius New commenter

The post was to develop a creative curriculum in the school. The presentation was basically how I would do that and what the creative curriculum would look like in that school after 2 years.
    I think the presentation had to last for 10 minutes.
    If the post you are being interviewed for is for something specific rather than purely class teacher then chances are the presentation will be to do with that.

6. mine was for an assistant head post, but I knew about the presentation before the interview. Had time to prepare. On the panel were head, deputy and 2 governors. It was important that the governors understood what I was trying to say, not just a jargon laden presentation. Shows you actually know what you're talking about.
    I agree with pp that it will probably be related to the specific post you are applying for.

7. Interview, lesson obs, presentation, School council interview..... what next Jumping through hoops??