1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview wait time

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Lily217, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Lily217

Lily217 New commenter

Hi everyone,

For those of you that have secured teaching positions in Dubai how long have you had to wait before hearing back as to whether you have been successful? I attended an interview on the 19th January and I was told to not worry if I hadn't heard anything for a week as it could be up to 2 weeks. It has obviously been just over 2 weeks now. Shall I assume that I have not been successful?! It would be nice to be informed either way, especially when you take the time to travel a few hours away from where you live and have to have time out of class to attend. I emailed mid last week as I was told that if I wanted to see where they were at with the decision making process then to drop them an email but I have not had a response. It is so disheartening especially when you give your all.

Many thanks.

Teachallover and FreddyZ like this.
  2. SRAFIQ0121

SRAFIQ0121 New commenter

I had a similar experience after being interviewed by a new british school in Dubai. Nobody got back to me so I write an email after 2 weeks. I wasn't successful . Out of interest how did you secure your interview?

3. ash719

ash719 New commenter

Things can move a little slower than usual with some international outfits. Since it has been almost a month since the interview I would assume this time was not a success - been in the same boat. You can't do much more than drop a polite email inquiring about it.