1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview tomorrow

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by seismic, Dec 1, 2015.

1. seismic

seismic New commenter

Well, some of you may remember from workplace dilemmas back in Feb I took a settlement agreement. Immediately after that I got a temporary position at my previous school. They offered me a part time role, as well as me getting another offer of part time work at the school right on my doorstep (HT is former DH of settlement school) which is where I'm at now.

I've gone from 0.18 to 0.22. Loads of supply too (paid at UPS 3 salary!)

One guy is leaving after Xmas, he is two subjects that I have taught before and gave notice after the due date, so opportunity knocks. There's been a lot of discussion between me, departing fellow, departing fellow's HOD and the DH. They have advertised (obligation) and I have applied (though I was told just a short message to HT expressing interest would suffice). This move would put me in three departments, not just the two I'm in at present.

I've been invited to interview wth HT tomorrow, message received at 1pm for 2:30pm appointment. Should I be stressed too much? Obviously standard interview fare and questions but it does feel like they want me. Temporary until August though, not permanent.

2. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Good luck!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Great news - they are obviously appreciating the work that you do.

But don't be too complacent - they must have a fair procedure, so you will be in competition with the other applicants.

So read these. I have put in some that are not relevant to you, for the benefit of other posters reading this.

3. Preparing for Interview I suggest that you read these in this order

Help, I've got an interview!*** The basic advice ***

Teaching an observed lesson at interview

Using mind-mapping for interviews*** The best-loved advice ***

Tell us about yourself - dream or nightmare question?*** Read and note this *** VERY IMPORTANT

Daft Interview Questions

What shall I wear to the interview?

Interviews – making a positive first impression

How do you decide who to appoint?

What excuse can I give for going to interview?

Child Protection: the questions, NOT the answers

A typical Child Protection Policy

Two interviews and a dilemma

Interview feedback - they blamed my experience, but they knew that when they shortlisted me!

SLT interviews - possible questions

In-tray exercises. Deputy Head

Assistant Head interviews

General interview questions

Questions to ask at the end of your interview

Looking forward to a new thread from you called Dear Theo - I've got that job!

Best wishes