1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview tomorrow - first since before summer!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Dec 5, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done for that interview, for the good lesson, and for the sensible preparation.
    I'll just give the reference for this, although I would like to emphasise that I get no money from this!
    [​IMG]
    Pimp Your Lesson!: Prepare, Innovate, Motivate and Perfect
    (Continuum Practical Teaching Guides): Prepare, Innovate, Motivate and Perfect
    (Continuum Practical Teaching Guides)
    <table class="product">

<tr id="actualPriceRow"><td id="actualPriceLabel" class="priceBlockLabelPrice">Price:</td>
    <td id="actualPriceContent"><font color="#990000">&pound;10.63</font> & Free
    Delivery with Amazon Prime </td></tr>

</table>Very best wishes for that interview, Lady Valkyrie!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations on getting this far.It will certainly be a boost to your confidence.
    Looking forward to your new 'Dear Theo, I got the job' thread and that shiny star.

3. Oh good luck with the interview. I also recommend the' Pimp Your Lesson book' as it's pretty good (I actually bought it during my second placement rather than hearing about it from Theo, but still). Let us know how you get on OP.

4. Well, I didn't get it.
    I got lots of good feedback - my interview, lesson
    plan and letter of application were very strong, and the design of my
    lesson was very good. The head simply said that she had hoped to see
    someone with a more assertive leadership style in the classroom - and
    clearly one of the other candidates had that. She also pointed out that
    while I have lots of experience, I am also very expensive for schools - I
    do realise that, but tend to hope when I get to interview stage that the school are not bothered about it. It was "only" a
    temporary job, but then I'm not even getting interviews for permanent
    jobs. Still, what can
    you do? It felt right, but obviously it wasn't.

Thanks for all your good luck wishes and positive vibes,
    I'm pretty gutted, but will have to just stay as positive as I can I
    suppose.

5. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Sorry you didn' t get it. Well done for gettiig the interview though, and sounds as if the lesson went really well. Fingers croosed for the next one[​IMG] x

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Sorry for your disappointment.
    Yes it's difficult for returners who are on the expensive side. Don't know about the 'assertive leadership style' for a class teacher position.
    Pop along to Flowers . . . where there might be a delivery especially for you.

7. Thanks so much for the support x

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Huh!
    She means that that was the main reason, of course.
    Don't feel too bad about it (easy to say, I know), as it was due to circumstances beyond your control, not to any failing of yours.
    Best wishes for next time
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

9. Thanks Theo. That does make me feel better.
    It's obviously a case of "right school, right time" - somebody out there must need an experienced teacher and be willing to pay for it, after all.

10. emmadrg

emmadrg New commenter

That's what I keep telling myself. At least you got good feedback on your lesson and application.