1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview tips

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Marianaj76, May 2, 2020.

1. Marianaj76

Marianaj76 New commenter

Hi there I have an interview next week for PGCE Secondary Math, and want some ideas about an object to use to teach Math In 5 mins !! Any help will be much appreciated,
    I have some ideas to talk about fractions
    Or geometric shape but what best to do bit confused especially its gonna be on Zoom!! thanks

2. rolls

rolls Occasional commenter

This is an impossible question for someone to answer. The idea is that you make this personal. This is your chance to show your personality, passion and knowledge of maths. Someone else’s suggestion will not cut it and the interviewer may notice you asked on here. Have a little faith in yourself.

3. 43Meadows

43Meadows New commenter

Have a look on some schools websites to see what kind of thing they are doing to get ideas but you must make it your own. I’m primary so my thoughts wouldn’t be any help but there are plenty of online resources to help you.

The interviewers will be looking for confidence, personality, adaptability and to see how you present so don’t stress too much especially as it’s only 5 mins.

Hope it goes well.

4. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

This is a manipulative. Do some research into manipulatives as teaching aids.

Stiltskin likes this.